About Lee G. Hornbrook — 2022
Welcome to Lee G. Hornbrook’s Medium page. Updated October 5, 2022
Table of Contents
Hi! I’m Lee G. Hornbrook, writer and editor. I am a former college writing professor, a writing coach, ready to help you take your writing and your business to the next level.
I write memoir and about writing and the writing process. You can follow my FREE substack newsletter to learn about T.S. Eliot, mental illness, memoir, and my quest for traditional publication at My Own Private Waste Land: T.S. Eliot, Mental Illness, and the Making of a Memoir.
I taught writing for 25 years at 8 major colleges and universities in every time zone of the United States. I’ve had a diverse career:
- college writing professor with more than 25 years and more than 100 classes taught in person and online.
- editor for an internationally syndicated newspaper feature for kids (www.4kids.org) that appeared in hundreds of newspapers around the world, distributed by Universal Press Syndicate, the same folks who bring you Doonesbury, Calvin & Hobbes, Cathy, Fox Trot, Roger Ebert, and much more;
- web designer and public information web content developer for neuroscience and electron microscopy websites at UC San Diego;
- writer of press releases and web content, editor (newsletters and conference presentation materials), newsletter developer, grant compiler of science content for NIH-funded science labs at UC San Diego;
- consultant for K-12 teachers, integrating technology into the classroom.
My content appears on:
- Medium (Lee G. Hornbrook) in Better Humans, Better Marketing, Invisible Illness, Mind Cafe, The Brave Writer, The Post-Grad Survival Guide, The Startup, The Writing Cooperative, and more.
- Medium Publication: The Writing Prof
- Newsletter — A Word, Please from The Writing Prof. (subscribe to my newsletter).
- Substack: My Own Private Waste Land: T.S. Eliot, Mental Illness, and the Making of a Memoir (Sign up to…